||Position Closed - Do Not Apply
This is a shared position between the Central Library and the Faculty of Music. Under the general supervision of the Head of the Music Library, the successful candidate will be responsible for the selection of printed and audio music materials, through monitoring and maintaining the music approval plans, making additional selections as necessary, and providing specialized cataloguing support for these materials where required. There will be a secondary report to the Head of the Collection Development Department. The successful candidate will also participate in providing reference services as part of a Music Library team committed to excellent public service.
- Applicants must hold an ALA-accredited Master of Library Science/Master of Information Studies degree or equivalent in addition to a degree in music and must have a broad knowledge of musical repertoire
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively and effectively with colleagues in both the Music Library and the Central Library
- A bibliographic knowledge of Western European languages is essential, and further in-depth knowledge of these languages is an asset
- Applicants must possess initiative, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively under pressure and to adapt to a rapidly changing library environment
- A demonstrated ability to achieve results through creative, consultative and cooperative approaches is essential
- Some teaching or presentation experience
- Graduate degree in Music
- Experience working in an academic library in both technical and public services.
Salary and Terms of Appointment:
Experience and qualifications determine salary and appointment level. This is a permanent status stream position. Librarian I: $58,100 (Minimum)Librarian II: $60,700
How to Apply:
Please send letters of application, curriculum vitae and the names of three referees to Library Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Robarts Library, 130 St. George Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A5, or by fax to 416.946.5543. At least two of the referees should be supervisory.
Please send a single electronic file (MS Word or pdf with a file name convention of Surname, FirstName . The deadline for applications is Friday, November 22, 2013.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Toronto Libraries thank all applicants for their interest, however, will only be contacting those applicants selected for an interview.