The Music Library Association offers a variety of publications that present information about the history and practice of music librarianship, and current events of interest.
- Basic Manual Series
- A comprehensive series of manuals designed to assist the librarian in dealing with various aspects of the organization, administration and use of a music library.
- Index & Bibliography Series
- A series of bibliographies, indexes, checklists, discographies and other types of guides to music and music literature. All areas of music study are covered, including popular music, American music, historical bibliography, new musicology, ethnomusicology and projects with potential to reach the broader musical public.
- MLA Blog
- The blog is intended for discussion of issues impacting Music Librarianship and Music Libraries
- Music Cataloging Bulletin
- A monthly publication announcing internal policy and operational decisions and communications from the Library of Congress and reporting general cataloging news that may impact music cataloging.
- A free publication of the Music Library Association, posted quarterly on the MLA website.
- Notes: Quarterly Journal of the Music Library Association is published in September, December, March, and June, and sent to all Association members.
- Technical Reports
- Each volume in the series provides a focused, in-depth look at the practical side of the music library profession. Topics include cataloging, audio technology, and facilities management as well as reports of current research in music librarianship.
- Online Publications
- Online publications of the Music Library Association.