MLA members, vendors, and annual meeting attendees are invited to participate in our Silent Auction, held yearly during the MLA Annual Meeting. Your contributions help raise funds for MLA scholarships. Please consider donating desirable materials that you may no longer need.
Past donations have included:
- Music-themed products
- Rare & unusual books, scores, CDs, DVDs, or LPs
- Hand-made goods
- Regional treats one can only find in your area (i.e. soap, coffee, or chocolates)
- Select item(s) and/or services to donate.
- For each item, fill out a registration form.
- Bring your item(s) and completed forms to the Silent Auction table at the Annual Meeting Wednesday, 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. or Thursday, 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Auction items and/or services will be on display in the exhibit area from the time of the opening reception on Wednesday evening until Friday noon.
- Bidding begins at $10 (unless otherwise specified by the donor), and proceeds by whole-dollar increments.
- Place your bid by signing your name and a dollar amount in the bid notebook on the Auction Tables.
- Bidding will close at noon on Friday. You may "up your bid" at any time before the auction closes.
- Winning bids will be posted Friday afternoon.
- All items must be retrieved by 5 p.m. on Friday. Cash, check, VISA, and MasterCard will be accepted.
- Unclaimed items will be donated to a local institution or discarded.
Contact the Marketing Subcommittee Chair: Keith Chapman (713) 348-3727.