Educational Outreach Program Instructor Requirements
Interested in teaching music librarianship workshops for the Educational Outreach Program (EOP)? Follow these easy steps:
- Contact the chair of the EOP, Grover Baker, at email@example.com or (616) 494-7784 and fill out a biography/contact information form. Indicate the workshop that you are interested in teaching and your MLA chapter affiliation.
- Become familiar with the learning objectives for the workshop that you'd like to teach. Information is available under "Learning Objectives" for each workshop at Workshop Descriptions.
- Attend an EOP "model workshop." See the Workshop Calendar for upcoming workshops. Fill out the "Workshop Evaluation Form" (available from the chair) and submit/discuss it with the EOP chair.
- Attend the EOP instructor meeting at the annual MLA meeting.
- Member in good standing of the Music Library Association
- Library degree from an ALA accredited institution
- Willingness to adhere to the EOP workshop curriculum as outlined in the "Learning Objectives" for each workshop
- Employed as a librarian for at least 5 years
- Extensive knowledge in the EOP workshop topic
- Teaching experience beneficial
- There is no mandate on the number of workshops that each EOP instructor must teach each year.
- Workshops that are given under the auspices of the Music Library Association's EOP must be reported to the chair, and active communication with the chair is strongly encouraged.
- Instructors are highly encouraged to attend the continuing education workshops for EOP instructors at the MLA annual meetings.
- New instructors are often paired with experienced instructors for the first few workshops that they teach.
- Travel money is available for those instructors who travel to teach the workshops in the EOP.
For more information, please contact Grover
Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or