- Purpose: To receive nominations annually from the chapters for presentations to be considered for the Best of Chapters Session at the annual meeting, to review and make decisions about which presentations should be given at the annual meeting for that session, and to review policies and procedures for said nominations on a regular basis for necessary revision.
- Chair: Sara Nodine (appointed 2013)
- Members: Grover Baker (2013-2014); Amy Kimura (2013)
Purpose: To recommend to the Board annually one or more recipients of the Carol J. Bradley Award for Historical Research in Music Librarianship.Chair: Nobue Matsuoka (2013)Members: Kristine Nelsen (2013); William McDaniel Nelson, Jr. (2012)
- Purpose: To recommend to the Board in even numbered years, or more frequently at the discretion of the MLA Board of Directors, a member of the Music Library Association, who is also a member of IAML, to receive support for travel expenses and conference fees to attend an annual IAML meeting. Priority is given to a member attending his or her first or second IAML conference and who has not received this award in a previous year.
- Chair: Kirstin Dougan (2013)
- Members: (To be appointed in 2013)
Purpose: To recommend to the Board annually one or more recipients of the Dena Epstein Award for Archival and Library Research in American Music.
Chair: Sarah B. Dorsey (appointed 2010)
Members: Drew Beisswenger (2012); Joan O'Connor (2013); Robin Rausch (2011); Dena Epstein (honorary)
- Purpose: To recommend to the Board annually a member of the Music Library Association who has not previously attended a national meeting and who is in the first three years of her or his professional career, a recent library school graduate, or a library school student, who is seeking financial support to attend her or his first national meeting.
- Chair: Sally Bauer (2011)
- Members: James Soe Nyun (2012)
Purpose: To recommend to the Board annually a member of MLA who is in the first five years of his or her professional career, and who is seeking financial support for research in progress in music or music librarianship.
Chair: Deborah Pierce (2013)
Members: Kathleen Abromeit (2013); Anna Kijas (2012)
Purpose: To recommend to the Board publications that the Committee regards as qualified to receive the following prizes awarded annually by MLA:
- The Vincent H. Duckles Award for the best book-length bibliography or other research tool in music;
The Richard S. Hill Award for the best article on music librarianship or article of a music-bibliographic nature;
The Eva Judd O'Meara Award for the best review in Notes.
- Chair: Suzanne Moulton-Gertig (2013)
- Members: Christopher Mehrens (2012); Mark A Palkovic (2013)
Publications are considered during the year following their imprint date and awards are announced at the annual meeting in the year following, that is, prizes for publications issued in 1981 are announced in 1983, etc.