Description & Details
directly to the Head of the Music Library, the Administrative
Coordinator is responsible for providing effective and efficient
services to patrons by coordinating the day-to-day running of the Music
Library which includes maintaining at least four budgets; overseeing
public services; and training and supervising part-time employees.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative and program support to the Music Library.
- Performs and coordinates administrative and fiscal duties related to
all aspects of the Music Library's public services including staffing,
technical services, bindery operations, and office-related purchases.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and processes time sheets for all Music Library clerical staff.
- Coordinates, schedules, and disseminates schedules for all Music Library clerical staff.
- Oversees department operations and assists management in planning Music Library activities.
- Provides instructions and basic advice to students, faculty, and others
seeking information on Music Library activities, policies, and
- Maintains an understanding of policies, procedures, and regulations relevant to the Music Library.
- Provides information and services to the College community to support the Music Library function.
- Responds to requests for information; troubleshoots issues; follows up and responds to faculty and student inquiries.
- Coordinates annual timeline of critical events calendar for the Music Library which includes evaluations and recruitment.
- Records data to maintain departmental statistics/metrics.
- Serves as liaison between staff and departments and offices within the
Queens College Libraries, Queens College, and CUNY as a whole.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree required.
successful candidate will have excellent written, verbal, analytical
and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to adapt to meet
customer needs; excellent organization skills; be able to multi-task and
perform detail-oriented tasks; be able to work autonomously with
multiple priorities and deadlines; and demonstrate strong critical
thinking and problem solving skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Two years of recent professional experience in a College or University environment
- At least one year of professional experience working in an academic music library
- Some knowledge of CUNY policies, procedures, and regulations
- Experience with library-related software
- Professional cataloging experience
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Products such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle information systems in a higher education or government environment
$35,576 - $62,661; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply / Contact
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number (9428)
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.