Friday, March 4th, 11:00am
Music Discovery Requirements in Action
The Music Discovery Requirements (MDR) are currently being updated to reflect current metadata principles, including RDA, the Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms and the Library of Congress Medium of Performance Thesaurus. Highlights from this revision will be shared. This session will also showcase “MDR in action”, illustrating how the Music Discovery Requirements have been used by institutions as a resource for enhancing access and discovery for music resources. A final example of practical application of the MDR will be its use related to the new music genre and medium of performance vocabularies. This session will provide an example of standards development through implementation.
- Nara Newcomer, University of Missouri, Kansas City
- Jessica Harvey, University of South Carolina
- Nancy Lorimer, Stanford University
- Patricia Sasser, Furman University
- Christopher Holden, East Carolina University
- Live Streaming?