Thursday, March 3rd, 9:00am
Diversity in MLA
The board of the Music Library Association recently created the Diversity Committee charged with advancing the organization’s efforts in diversity, advising the organization on issues of diversity, and monitoring our efforts in this area. In addition to addressing the meaning and scope of diversity this panel will discuss its importance with respect to the health of an organization, the history of diversity projects at the MLA, and continuing efforts the committee is undertaking. There will be time for questions and comments at the end of the session.
- Jorge Schement, Vice President of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion, Rutgers University
- Mark Puente, Association of Research Libraries
- Jonathan Sauceda, Rutgers University
- Treshani Perera, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Joy Doan, California State University, Northridge
- Patrick Sifuentes, Northwestern University
- Live Streaming?