Posted By Verletta S. Kern,
Friday, March 07, 2014
| Comments (0)
It was great to see so many of you in Atlanta for great program and great conversation! I would like to encourage you all to keep those conversations going throughout the year using the MLA website. Here are a few ways to make this happen:
* Set up a private work space to share your work internally. The new website offers the ability to set up private work spaces for committees and task forces to share documents, have online forums (online discussion boards), and more with just members of their group. This is a great place to store your Board reports and working documents. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on setting up a private work space for your group.For more information throughout the year on ways you can use the new website, subscribe to the Web Committee's blog. We look forward to exploring new ways of sharing MLA's work via the new website.
- Join a Round Table or System User Group by logging into the MLA website and clicking the "Join Group" link in the top center of each Round Table or System User Group page.
- Share your work with MLA membership and beyond. Committees, Round Tables, System User Groups and Task Forces may create a blog, forum (online discussion board), calendar of events, file libraries of files or links, or custom webpages. Instructions on how to set up these features are available under the help menu of the MLA website.
- Build out your MLA Member Profile. Put a face with your name and share your expertise with other MLA members by building out your member profile. Instructions on building out your MLA profile are available under the help menu of the MLA website.
- Share your photos. The MLA Web Committee would love to do a better job of showing who we are and what we do. To this end we encourage you to consider submitting photos of you and your friends from the annual meeting, photos of you and your collections, photos of you teaching, and more. Help us put a face to MLA! When submitting your photos, we ask that you also fill out our photo permission form to make sure we have your permission to display your photo on the website.
This post has not been tagged.