Posted By Kimmy Szeto,
Thursday, March 12, 2015
I hope we have all recovered from MLA! We met in person (thanks Beth for the photo!) and discussed a few things:
Everyone please pitch in in the next few days. Leaders (Hermine, Kirk-Evan, Jim) - we will be in touch next week to finalize the report format.
- Our next report target will be April 24.
- We want to make our BIBFRAME model analysis uniform --
- For the three areas of BIBFRAME conversion analysis (genre/form, medium of performance, uniform title), we will first need to agree on our methods / ways to proceed:
- Which converter(s) will we test?
- The list of MARC fields we want to focus on. (Can/should include fixed fields and 0XX?)
- Shall we use a consistent reporting format? (Like...spreadsheet with the same columns?)
- The questions we are trying to answer:
- Does the transformation make sense? How do BIBFRAME elements reflect the original MARC data? Are we losing any information? Will new MARC proposals play well with BIBFRAME?
- Are there situations / exceptions in MARC that we should fix in MARC before the transform?
- What works well? What does not make sense? How do we want it to work better for us? Make the recommendation in this report.
- Taking all the 4.X reports together, which aspects can we keep, and which aspects do we want to take full control of? Be bold and be visionary here.
- Kevin's idea: What about BIBFRAME to MARC?
BIBFRAME Task Force
| Comments (0)