Notes, the quarterly journal of the Music Library Association, began in 1934 (1st series: 1934–1942), and began its 2nd series in 1943. The journal has appeared consistently since then, offering its readers interesting, informative, and well-written articles in the areas of music librarianship, music bibliography and discography, the music trade, and on certain aspects of music history.
Current individual members of MLA may access recent volumes of Notes online by logging on to the Membership website and clicking Notes Online.
- Call for Proposals
- Current Issue’s Table of Contents
- June 2013
Notes has rates, deadlines, and other requirements for advertisers. View this PDF
for more information.
- Listing of Editors and the Advertising Manager.
- Subscription Information
- Information on how to receive Notes, as well a how to acquire back issues and related materials.
- Information & Guidelines for Authors
- Information and Guidelines for Authors of Articles and Reviews.
- Submitting Materials for Review
- Where to send materials for review.