From educational initiatives to music discovery guidelines and beyond the organization itself, the Music Library Association is active in enhancing the landscape of librarianship for music users and beyond. Get involved in our organization by joining a committee or round table, applying for one of our many awards or travel grants, write for one of our publications, or attend a continuing education workshop.
Here is a brief list of the various groups you can be a part of in MLA:
- Committees: Committees and Subcommittees are appointed by the MLA President.
- Regional Chapters: There are 10 regional chapters of MLA. Find out which one corresponds to your location.
- Round Tables: Round Tables are created by the MLA President to exchange ideas on topics not specifically addressed by the committees of our organization.
- System User Groups: System User Groups meet on issues related to Aleph, Innovative, SIRSI, or Voyager.
- Task Forces: Task Forces are temporary groups appointed by the MLA president to explore an issue.
At every annual meeting the Career & Development Services Committee hosts a session called "Get Involved" where you have an opportunity to interact one-on-one with committee chairs to ask questions, express interest, and generally get a better sense of what committees do and if you want to participate. Look for announcements and details about the "Get Involved" session on MLA-L.
|ANNUAL MEETINGS||JOIN MLA & IAML||REGIONAL CHAPTERS|