The Music Library Association supports the profession through the creation of awards for achievement in music librarianship, publication and research supporting music research. We support the profession through the creation of travel grants to support growth of the profession, and a diversity recruitment scholarship to help address issues of racial and ethnic diversity among music and performing arts librarians.
- Recipients of MLA's citation for distinguished service to music librarianship
- An award recognizing extraordinary service to the profession of music librarianship over a relatively short period of time
Diversity Recruitment Scholarship
- A scholarship opportunity for library school students from under-represented racial and ethnic minority groups
- A grant to help support travel and conference fees to attend an annual IAML meeting
- An annual grant to support travel and hotel expenses to attend the Music Library Association annual meeting. Recepients must be either a student, recent graduate, or a colleague that's new to the profession.
- A grant to support MLA's international outreach efforts.
- An annual award for the best book-length bibliography or other research tool in music
- An annual award for the best article on music librarianship or article of a music-bibliographic nature
- An annual award for the best review published in Notes
- An annual award to support studies that involve the history of music libraries or special collections
- An award made for archival and library research in American music
- Awarded to an MLA member who is in the first five years of their professional library careers, this award is to assist research-in-progress in music or music librarianship