The Music Library Association, in memory of its Past President and Honorary Member Walter Gerboth, established the Walter Gerboth Award. It is made to members of MLA who are in the first five years of their professional library careers, to assist research-in-progress in music or music librarianship.
Eligible members are invited to apply by July 15, 2013 for next year's award.
Please send the following information via email, to the Chair of the Committee, Deborah Pierce:
- A description of the project and a statement about its significance
- A detailed total budget, specifying the amount of funding requested from MLA (to a maximum of $1,000) and its purpose (capital purchases are not eligible)
- Indicate any other sources of funding you may have already secured
- Two letters of recommendation—one for the project and one for yourself
- A curriculum vitae that also names additional references
Applications should be submitted by e-mail attachment and must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. The recipient will be notified by November 1, 2013. If you have any questions about the award, particularly about whether you are qualified to apply for it, please contact the Chair.